Friday, December 23, 2005

Go Cougars!


Ah ... I mean: Go Away Cougars!

Yesterday, as I was sitting in the office room and gazing across our back yard, what did I see, but eight tiny reindeer?

NO - I Didn't! I saw a cougar slinking across the grass, not 25 yards from the house! I grabbed the camera and tried to get a photo, but the cougar had locked on to some target and was away in a flash. (This photo is a "stock shot.")

No wonder we have not seen any deer for quite some time! As it turns out, the main meal for cougars is white-tail deer. According to my Internet research, a cougar will kill one deer a week. As long as there is plenty for the cougar to eat, they will not bother people. (Dogs, cats, rabbits, however - Watch Out!)

The Dept. of Fish and Game states that many cougars are probably living near people, but they don't know it because the cougars are so stealthy. That's good to know ... but, try to convince Jacquie!

4 Comments:

At December 23, 2005, Blogger JacquelineKD said...

...and I'm not sure I'm willing to test that theory either.

 
At December 24, 2005, Blogger Bryan said...

Well, that's the last time I go waltzing around those fields at night...

 
At December 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....if your going to live in their territory then you better expect it. The cougars were there first, so be nice. :-)
Besides, it's cold out side, maybe he just wants a nice hot meal..pot roast, green beans, mashed potatoes, or mayby some orange potatoes.

 
At December 27, 2005, Blogger JacquelineKD said...

Hey Anonymous...aren't you supposed to be working???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.