Saturday, February 25, 2006

Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival


Jacquie and I have attended two of the three night performances. This evening will be the last one. If tonight is anything like the last two, we'll be very "Happy Campers." This Festival is one of the best I've ever been to ... and I've been to several.

Most impressive:

Benny Green: Here is an artist that can play the piano like no one I've ever seen! He is truly S P E C T A C T U L A R !

Dee Daniels: She has a great stage presence and reminds me of Sara Vaughn ... probably because she has sung with her.

Roberta Gambarini: What a show! She is a great jazz singer. (Her duet with 90-year old James Moody was a "Show Stopper!")

And the Kids: Each evening they present the winners of individual competition. These are mainly high school students from across the US and Canada. There were two young female singers that could have walked away with the #1 spot on American Idol, in my opinion. What talent some have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.