Saturday, July 04, 2015

Fox News

A couple of weeks ago, I was having breakfast with a very special person. We were talking about a few of the controversial subjects, such as Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change (call it whatever you want to make an issue of it) and out-of-the-blue he made the statement, "You have to stop listening to Fox News!" Obviously, this was intended to imply I was being fed a bunch of baloney by Fox News.

I do listen to Fox News ... a lot. I also listen to liberal/progressive radio on Sirius Satellite Radio. On the Internet, The Drudge Report is my home page. (Drudge is another issue, I mention at the end.)

Only by listening and reading many different flavors of media, can a person "separate the wheat from the chaff." If you only listen to NPR, MSNBC and ABC, (All Barack Channel) et al., you will never get much more than the liberal, government line. Far too many people never question what is said, because they neither understand the subject nor care enough to be concerned.

I asked this person, "Do you ever listen to Fox News," because if you do you will understand that in virtually every interview, both side of a discussion are usually presented, something that is extinct or very rare in the MSM (Main Stream Media.) "Oh Yes, I listen to Fox News." Me: "What to you listen to?" "I listen to Bill O'Reilly, once in a while, but I can't stand him ... He is always talking over his guests and cutting them off." "Do you know why that is," I asked? I explained that each guest, no matter their position on the subject, is asked to stick very closely to the subject and be brief, because of tight program timing. When a guest starts wandering off or interrupting, O'Reilly jumps in and tries to gain control and get back on the subject. This happens frequently.

Be that, or not, from the rest of the conversation, it was obvious to me my friend really has no idea what Fox News is all about.

Drudge: Many liberals hate Matt Drudge, who just happens to have the most visited news outlet in the world. Why would you hate Drudge? He does not write the articles or links. He is simply a "news consolidator." He finds other relevant and interesting pieces that other media, either deliberately or accidentally pass over, and posts it on his page. For whatever reason, the MSM seem to pass over many important conservative subjects and therefore Drudge picks them up.

When I listen, I try to see if there is a slant to what is being said, and if so, who is the beneficiary of the inaccuracy. It has stead me well.

Have a good Independence Day. Remember what the 4th is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.